Information on your arrival in Adelaide (e.g. transport from the airport to city) is available here. The information is also available below.
Your arrival: airport to city
There is only one airport in Adelaide (Adelaide International Airport), so there can be no confusion about where to arrive! The airport is approximately 7 km from the city centre and we recommend bus or taxi.
- The taxi rank is directly outside the airport arrivals hall. The fare to the centre of the city should be between $23-$28, depending on time of day and traffic.
- The public bus runs from the airport terminal (upstairs) to the city, leaving at least every 30 minutes between 5:15 am and 11:30 pm (timetable). It costs $4.10 to the city.
The Adelaide Skylink runs regular shuttle busses from the airport to the city, and will drop off at many of the major hotels (or very close). Cost is $7.50. Bookings are advisable.
Adelaide is an easy city to get around:
Walking is one of the best and most pleasant ways to get around the city. The city centre is a 5 minute walk from the University. A range of restaurants, cafés, and bars are the next street up from the University (i.e. Rundle Street, towards the bottom of the map). Most of the city is accessible on foot within a 15-20 minute walk (map of Adelaide).
Buses are regular (usually about every 15 minutes between 7:30 am and 6:30 pm). There are free buses around the city (timetable), or a longer trip will cost between $2.40 and $4.10. For all information on bus routes see the Adelaide Metro site.
Taxis are frequent. During the usual peak hours (8.00 - 9.00 am; 4.30 - 5.30 pm) it is best to book a taxi (ph 132227 or 131008). Outside these hours you can usually catch one on any of the major streets in the city, but there are also taxi ranks:
1. In front of the central train station/casino (North Terrace);
2. Gawler Place, just north of Rundle Mall; and
3. Corner of Pultney Street and Rundle Street.
If you want to head to the beach, there is a tram that runs from the city (King William Street) to Glenelg. The timetable can be found here.
If you want to rent a car while in Adelaide, all the major car rental companies operate desks in the airport arrival hall (e.g. Avis, Hertz, Budget and Europcar).
Other Adelaide Information
For more information about what to do around Adelaide, or the broader region, visit the Adelaide City information website.